Book Report Assignment
MGT 2050 Business Law Book Report Form
The King of Torts by John Grisham
- List the ethical issues brought out in the story.2. In what subtle ways did Clay’s fortune corrupt his mind and his sense of ethics?
3. What role did the stock market play in building Clay’s wealth?
a. In his sense of ethics?
b. In his eventual downfall?
c. Did he realize he was doing something illegal when he “‘sold short”?
d. Why didn’t he do it more than once?
4. Where or when did Clay start to go wrong in his legal dealings?
a. How could it have been prevented?
- What was the chief cause of his problems?5. Why was Mooneyham so stubborn about settling out of court?
a. Was it reasonable under the circumstances?
6. Why would the jury find in favor of Goffman?
7. Why was Paulette, in particular, but also Rodney; and Jonah so loyal to Clay even after they had quit the firm and “retired’?
8. What have you learned about settlements and court litigation with regard to an attorney’s motivation to quickly settle a dispute?
9. How does each member of the class action usually fair?
10. What have you learned about “air-tight” contracts?
a. Does your opinion apply to both the public and attorneys alike?
Title; The King of Torts by John Grisham
Length; 2 pages (550 words)