The Epic of Gilgamesh
Format: 2-3 pages, double-spaced, regular margins all around
You should have a “Works Cited” page with the MLA style entry
Your short response should include the following:
- An introduction that states the title and author of the source and the time and culture in which it was written.
- 1-2 paragraphs summarizing
- 1 -2 paragraphs about what you liked and didn’t like about the The Epic of Gilgamesh
- 1-2 paragraphs on what you found interesting about the topic. “Interesting” doesn’t just mean enjoyable or intriguing; it can also mean something that puzzled or frustrated you. Basically, focus on what you would like to learn more about this reading, the author, or the culture that produced it.
- concluding paragraph in which you come up with a focused research question. A good research question is focused, specific, and not easily answered by “yes” or “no.” It should also be something you genuinely want to learn about your assigned reading, its writer, or culture, and not something to which you already know the answer.
Title: The Epic of Gilgamesh
Length; 3 pages (825 words)