Liver Cancer Essay
- Your paper must be 5 pages in length not including cover, appendices, and reference pages.
- Write your paper in Microsoft Word using double-spaced, 12-point font in Arial, Times New Roman, or Calibri.
- Format your paper according the APA guidelines found in the Concise rules of APA style(6th ed.) and/or the APA Formatting and Style Guide from the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL).
- Reference requirements:
- Support your paper with two or more references in addition to your textbook (use of the textbook for the essay is optional). All references listed on your reference page must be integrated into the paper as in-text citations using APA formatting.
- Every paragraph containing re searchable scholarly information must have a minimum of one in-text citation. Paraphrasing research requires a citation.
- Limit the use of quotes – no more than one quote of up to two sentences per page of this paper. Quotes are word for word copying of materials from a resource with proper citation and quotation marks. It is imperative that the assignment reflect a student’s personal understanding of the topic. Excessive quoting may indicate that the writer trusts the author of the reference/resource. However, it does not show that the student understands the material. Putting the material in your own words demonstrates understanding of the subject matter.
- References must be medical, science (biology), or nursing scholarly articles; online web sites; your textbook or another medical or nursing or pathophysiology textbook. Reliable references include: nursing journals (e.g. AORN, RN), websites (Medscape, PubMed, CDC, National Institute of Health (NIH), Journal of Pediatric Medicine).
- References must no no older than 5 years.
Use the following outline for organizing your paper.
- Title Page (not part of page count)
- Introduction: Include a brief definition of the disease (one paragraph, in APA this section does not have a heading).
- Body of Paper (5 full pages): Use the following headings within the body of your paper to ensure that you include the required information, and be sure to thoroughly address the question(s) provided for each heading:
|Etiology||What cased the disease?
|What happens at the cellular, tissue, and organ level? How do these derangements lead to altered function of the body?
|Clinical Manifestations (Signs and Symptoms)
|What signs will you observe or measure? What symptoms will the client experience or feel?|
|Labs and Diagnostic Tests
|What abnormal labs and diagnostic tests confirm or support the diagnosis of the disease?|
|Discuss acute and/or chronic complications.|
|What are the goals of treatment in relation to the pathophysiology? Explain briefly types of treatments used (such as surgery, medications, diet, alternative therapies, etc.)|
- Conclusion (one paragraph): Discuss at least one ethical or moral issue in relation to this topic. How would you address this issue in real life? How does this issue correlate with a Christian worldview?
- References (not part of page count, see “Reference Requirements” above)
- The following links are web URLs – they are not APA references nor in-text citations. If you opt to use one as a reference or in-text citation, consult the APA resources for proper formatting.
Be careful using the Mayo Clinic website – it is a good resource but is written for patients, not for professionals. When using information from this site, you will have to convert your writing to verbage that is at the level of a medical professional such as a registered nurse.
Title: Liver Cancer Essay